We attended a community meeting on Thursday, October 2 on the Dodgers postseason plans for traffic abatement and public safety in Echo Park and surrounding communities. While there wasn’t a lot of new news, they did present the postseason schedule, plans for ingress and egress traffic along with LADOT placement as well as LAPD deployment plans.
The first Postseason game is TODAY, Friday, October 3 at 3:37 pm at Dodger Stadium.
Some important items of consideration for today’s game and what we can expect for the postseason:
- There will be increased LAPD deployment on Sargent and Scott Avenue as well as Echo Park and Scott Avenue
- The Dodgers are planning on organizing a drop-off location for Uber/Lyft and other rideshare services (unsure of where that will be at this time)
- There will be 243 LAPD in and outside of the stadium (including 20 motorcycle police, 25 on bicycles and the remaining black and white cars) and 40 undercovers
The presentation by the Dodgers can be downloaded here – it includes the slideshow presentation and the color maps indicating ingress and egress routes along with DOT locations and the postseason schedule.
Important phone numbers:
Northeast Los Angeles Senior Lead Officer Gina Chovan: 213-793-0760
LADOT Aram Sahakian: 213-216-6210
DOT Command Center: 818-374-4823
DOT Chief Greg Savelli: 213-972-8426
Dodgers Communications Manager Oscar Delgado: 323-224-1443
Join the Echo Park Improvement Association, community members, and neighborhood activists in cleanup of Sunset Boulevard in Echo Park!
We’ll be picking up trash, removing graffiti (thanks to the Central City Action Committee), and just cleaning up those sidewalks from
Elysian Park Ave. to Beaudry Ave. along Sunset Boulevard.
Join us on Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 9:00 am – noon. There will be refreshments!
The office of Ed Reyes from Council District 1 will be sponsoring, providing us with trash bags and supplies!
Please share the flyer and bring your friends, neighbors, kids, dogs, and family!
Meet at The Warehouse, located at 1197 W. Sunset Boulevard.
Bring a clean, light-colored t-shirt and our friends from Feeding Birds, they’ll be silk-screening your tees with “I Heart Echo Park” while you help clean up!
ECHO PARK IMPROVEMENT ASSOCIATION
Neighborhood Issues Committee Agenda
Wednesday, September 21, 2011, 7 pm
Williams Hall, Barlow Hospital, 2000 Stadium Way
Members: Andrew Garsten, Darren Hubert, Peter Lassen, Kelly Erickson, Todd Walker, Isa Kae Meksin, Christine Peters, Judy Raskin, Michael O’Brien, Noel Rogers, Josh Post
- Introductions and sign in
- Approve Minutes (download minutes here)
- Van De Kamps/LACC-LACCD
- New Items
- Land Use:
- Barlow Hospital-Proposed Entitlements and Development
- Morton Village complex
- Filming Committee
- Bertco Property
- Montana/Glendale/Lakeshore Restaurant
- Fix Beer & Wine
- Community Plan Update Letter
- SB1818 Letter
- Sale of Lot 6 – El Centro del Pueblo
- EPIA Planning Workshop
- Xoia CUB
- Red Hill CUP
- Semi Tropical Spiritualist Tract Monitoring Status
- 153 North Glendale Blvd., 45-unit Affordable Housing Project
- Lot adjacent to Laguna Stairs
- Save-A-Lot Vacancy
- Glendale Boulevard Beautification/Renewal Project
- Mohawk Bend – valet not parking at car wash, using residential streets
- Gas Station at Sunset & Portia in poor condition
- “No Left Turn” needed at Alvarado N. onto Elsinor W.
- New Business
- Echo Park Lake Restoration Project
- Elysian Park: Hi Speed Rail Alternative route may go under Elysian Park.
- New business
- Public Works:
- Route 2 Terminus Improvement Project
- Mural Projects-EPIA Committee?
- Dodgers issues
- Mission Hills Animal Shelter situation
- New Business
- Policies, Procedures, & Administrative
- Standing Rules, Membership Dues.
- Friends of Elysian
- New Business
- NIC as Outreach Tool – Should we have meetings at other locations?
- Newsletter/Web Page
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
- Future Agendas Items
- Next Meeting Standing